|1 Garlic (Loose Bulb)(s)||
|1 Spanish Onion.(s)||
|01 Lemons (s)||
|1 Mint (Bunch)(s)||
|1 Coriander (Bunch)(s)||
|1 Flat Leaf Parsley (Bunch)(s)||
|Stoned Black Olives|
The aubergines must also first be charred to impart the right degree of smokiness. Serve both these dips with strips of pitta bread or crudites such as celery stalks, steaks of cucumber and courgette and sweet pepper.
2-3 large of aubergines.
3 garlic cloves, crushed.
1 small onions, grated.
pinch of paprika.
juice of 2 large lemons.
100ml/ 3 1/2fl oz tahini paste.
2 tsp finely chopped mint, coriander or flat-leaf parsley, to garnish.
tiny stone black olives, to garnish.
1 tbsp olive oil, to serve.
pitta bread or crudites, to serve.
- Preheat hot grill or the oven to 230C/450F/gas 8
- Grill the aubergines turning them regularly or bake them in the oven for about 30 mins, until the skin are black and blistered.
- Allow them to cool and then peel off the charred skin. Wash the aubergines and squeeze them firmly to extract their bitter juices.
- Chop the aubergine fresh coarsely and put into a blender. Add the garlic, onions and a large pinch of salt, paprika and some of the lemon juice. Blend lightly then add the small amount of tahini paste and remaining lemon juice.
- Turn out into a serving bowl and garnish with the herbs and olives, just before serving with pitta bread or crudites, dribble the olive oil over the top.