Chestnut and Mushroom Pate
|1 Thyme (60G Pack)(s)||
|1 Garlic (Net). Approx 8. Bulbs(s)||
|1kg Button Mushroom(s)||
|1 Spanish Onion.(s)||
- 125g (4oz) chestnuts.
- 2 tbsp olive oil.
- 1 small onion, diced.
- 1 garlic clove, chopped.
- 250g (8oz) closed cup mushrooms, roughly chopped.
- 2 tbsp thyme, plus extra to garnish.
- 3 tbsp sweet sherry.
- 3tbsp crème fraîche.
- 2 tbsp single cream
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200ºC, fan 180ºC. Cut a cross on the base of each chestnut and spread them out on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until the skins come away easily and the chestnuts are tender. Remove the skins and roughly chop the nuts.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, mushrooms, thyme and 100g (3½oz) of the chopped chestnuts. Cook on a very low heat for about 20 minutes. Add the sherry and turn up the heat, letting all the liquid bubble off.
- Put the mixture in a blender, along with the crème fraîche and single cream, and whizz to form a coarse pâté.
- Serve on toast, garnished with the remaining thyme and chopped chestnuts.