Chicken Drumsticks With Garlic And Lime
|1 Garlic (Loose Bulb)(s)||
|2 Limes (s)||
|Salt and Ground Black Pepper|
The marinated chicken drumsticks are also delicious barbecued. Brush them liberally with the marinade several times during cooking. For a really economical but tasty dish, use chicken wings.
3 garlic cloves, crushed.
2 tbsp olive oil.
12 chicken drumsticks, preferably from corn-fed or free-range birds.
salt and freshly ground black pepper.
cayenne pepper, to garnish.
- Mix together the garlic, olive oil and the juice of 3 of the limes in a large bowl and season well. Add the chicken pieces and mix them in so that they are well coated. Cover and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for several hrs. turning from time to time.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
- Drain the drumsticks well and arrange in a baking dish. Bake for about 30 mins. or until well browned and the juices run clear when the thickest part is pierced.
- While the chicken is cooking , transfer the marinade to a saucepan and boil it until reduced to a thick sticky sauce like consistency. Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve the drumsticks dusted lightly with cayenne, with the remaining lime cut into wedges and the sauce in a bowl for dipping.