Chilled Cream and Cucumber Soup
|1 Chives (60G Pack)(s)||
|1 Spanish Onion.(s)||
|3 Cucumber (s)||
|Salt and Pepper|
3 cucumber of 8'' long
1 medium onion chopped
3cups (1 1/2pts) chicken stock
salt and pepper
3 tsp corn flour
1 small cartoon of natural yoghurt
1 cup (1/2pt) milk
2 blades chives chopped
- Peel and roughly chop the cucumbers. Simmer them with the onion in the stock for about 15 mins. Cool slightly and then liquidise.
- Strain it and return it to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the cornflour in a tbspful of the soup and then add it to the pan.
- Simmer, without boiling and stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Stir in the milk and half the yoghurt and chill.
- Serve in individual bowls, into which a tablespoonful of the remaining yoghrut has been swirled, and garnish each serving with chives.