Courgette & tomato soup
- 1 tbsp butter.
- 2 onions, chopped.
- 1kg courgettes, sliced.
- 1kg tomatoes, chopped.
- 2 tbsp plain flour.
- ½ tsp turmeric.
- 2l chicken or vegetable stock from cubes.
- crusty bread, to serve (optional)
- Melt the butter in a large pan, add the onions and courgettes, and cook for 5 mins on a medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes and flour. Cook for a couple of mins, stirring around to stop the flour from becoming lumpy. Add the turmeric and stock, cover and simmer for 30 mins.
- Purée with a stick blender, then sieve if you want a really smooth texture. Serve hot with crusty bread, if you like, or chill, then freeze for up to 2 months.