|1kg Red Onions.(s)||
|1 Garlic (Loose Bulb)(s)||
|1 Curly Parsley (Bunch)(s)||
|1kg Plum Vine Mini Tomatoes(s)||
|1 Lemons (s)||
3 tbsp oil.
2 tbsp flour.
3 or 4 large courgettes, unpeeled and cut into thick sticks.
1 onion, finely chopped.
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped.
400g/ 14oz cznned chopped plum tomato.
2 tsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley.
1 lemon juice.
2 tbsp dry bread crumbs.
3 tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese.
salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 240C/475F/gas 9 and lightly grease a grain dish with 1 tbsp of oil.
- Put the flour in a shallow bowl and season it well. Dust the courgette sticks lightly in the seasoned flour.
- In a large saute pan, heat another tbsp of oil over a moderate to high heat and saute the courgette sticks until lightly browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Put the remaining oil in the pan and saute the onion and garlic in it until soft and just beginning to colour. Stir in the tomatoes and most of the parsley, bring to a simmer and adjust the seasoning. Remove from the heat.
- Put half the cooked courgette sticks in a layer in the bottom of the grain dish and sprinkle with half the lemon juice.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over this layer and then cover with the remaining courgettes. Press the layers down on one another slightly. Dribble over the remaining lemon juice and then sprinkle the top with a mixture of the breadcrumbs and the grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 20 mins or until golden brown. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley to serve.