Crostini With Wild Mushrooms
|1 Garlic (Loose Bulb)(s)||
|1 Lemons (s)||
|2kg Wild Mushrooms (Girolle) aka chanterelle (s)||
|1 Flat Leaf Parsley (Bunch)(s)||
|Virgin Olive Oil|
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped.
255g/ 90z mixed sliced wild mushrooms, preferably including some ceps.
3tbsp lemon juice.
2tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley.
8 thick slices of crushed white bread.
3tsp anchovy paste.
1 buffalo mozarella cheese, thinly sliced.
salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat hot grill or the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.
- In a large frying pan heat the 2 tbsp of oil and saute the garlic gently until translucent. Add the mushrooms slices and saute over a moderate to high heat until the mushrooms are just beginning to give off their liquid.
- Increase the heat and cook briskly for a few mins. Stir in a lemon juice, together with most of the parsley. Season to the taste.
- Lightly grill the slices of bread or bake them until they are just beginnin to brown.
- Spread the toasted slices of bread sparingly with the anchovy paste and brush them with the remaining oil. Spoon the sauted mushrooms mixture in heaps in the centre of them, reserving some of the better-looking mushrooms for garnish.
- Cover the mushrooms with slices of mozarella and sprinkle some pepper over the cheese. Grill or bake in the oven until the cheese is bubbling.
- Garnish with the reserve of mushrooms and parsley and dust lightly with cayenne before serving piping hot.