Easy Croation Shrimp Stew
|1 Garlic (Loose Bulb)(s)||
|1 Flat Leaf Parsley (Bunch)(s)||
|1kg Plum Vine Tomato (s)||
|Dry White Wine|
|SaltandPepper (to taste)|
- 3 pounds washed head-on large shrimp or 1 1/2 pounds tail-on large shrimp.
- 1/2 cup olive oil.
- 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs.
- 1 tablespoon (or to taste) minced garlic.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley.
- 1 (14-ounce) can peeled tomatoes, broken up.
- 1 teaspoon Vegata (a traditional mix of spices and vegetables) or use vegetable stock cubes.
- 2 cups dry white wine.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add oil to a large skillet and fry the breadcrumbs until they just start to toast. Add garlic, parsley, tomatoes and Vegeta. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add wine, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Add shrimp, reduce the heat and cover. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until shrimp are cooked and juices have thickened.
- Serve with polenta, cornbread or crusty bread.