Grilled Trout with Almond Butter
|1 Lemons (s)||
|1 Flat Leaf Parsley (Bunch)(s)||
|Ground Black Pepper|
- 25g (1oz) flaked almonds.
- 50g (2oz) softened butter.
- 2tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped.
- 1 lemon, rind grated and cut into thin slices.
- freshly ground black pepper.
- 4 whole gutted trout.
- few sprigs parsley.
- watercress (optional).
- Fry the almonds in a dry pan for 1-2 minutes, tossing occasionally until browned. Beat softened butter with the parsley, lemon rind, flaked almonds and ground pepper.
- Place on baking paper, roll into a fat sausage shape using the paper to help you, and chill until required.
- Heat grill until hot and lightly oil grill rack. Place trout on top and fill the cavities with lemon slices and a few sprigs of parsley. Grill fish for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- When the trout is almost cooked, add a little of the butter mixture and flash under the grill until melted. Serve immediately with the rest of the almond butter, a handful of watercress and some thick-cut chips.