Grilled Vegetables With Lemon Dressing
|1 Fennel (s)||
|1kg White Italian Onions(s)||
|1 Red Pepper(s)||
|1 Yellow Pepper(s)||
|1kg Plum Vine Tomato (s)||
|1 Flat Leaf Parsley (Bunch)(s)||
|1 Lemons (s)||
|1 Garlic (Loose Bulb)(s)||
|Salt and Ground Black Pepper|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
3 large garlic cloves, chopped.
150ml/1/4pt extra virgin olive oil.
2 small fennel bulbs.
2 red sweet peppers.
2 yellow sweet peppers.
4 baby courgettes.
4 plum tomatoes.
2 red onions.
1 unwaxed lemon.
2 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley.
salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- The day before cooking, halve the garlic cloves and put them in a bowl and cover with oil. Cover and leave to marinate in a cool place.until needed. remove and discard the pieces of garlic.
- Halve all the vegetables lengthwise. Remove the woody cores from the fennel and the pith and seeds from the peppers. Cut the aubergine halve into large chunks.
- Finely grate 1tsp of lemon zest and extract the juice. Preheat a hot grill.
- Make the dressing: mix 6 tbsp of the flavoured oil with 2 tbsp of the lemon juice. Stir in the lemon zest and half the parsley and season.
- Arrange all the vegetable pieces in the grill pan and brush generously with some of the remaining oil. Grill until blistering on all sides, turning and brushing with more oil as necessary.
- Transfer to a warmed serving dish and dribble over the dressing. sprinkle with the remaining parsley to serve.