Mediterranean Fish Soup
|1 Spanish Onion.(s)||
|1 Garlic (Loose Bulb)(s)||
|1 Bay Leaf (60G Pack)(s)||
|1 Lemons (s)||
|1 Curly Parsley (Bunch)(s)||
|1kg Plum Vine Tomato (s)||
|Salt and Pepper|
This soup is an awesome delicious for those who loved some selections of fish.
2 tbsp olive oil
2 medium onions, finely chopped
2 leeks, finely chopped
227g can chopped tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 litre (3/4 pints) fish stock or water
finely grated rind of half a lemon
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt and freshly milled black pepper
675g/ (1 1/2 lbs) skinless fish fillets (such as cod, haddock, whiting, halibut, ling, bass or bream), cut into 2.5cm (1in) chunks
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onions and leeks and cook, stirring ocassionally, until softened but not brwoned.
- Stir in the tomatoes and garlic. Add the stock, bay leaf, bouquet garni, lemon rind, and lemon juice Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bring just to the boil and transfer to the slow cooker. Stir in the fish.
- Put the lid on an dcook on low for 3-6 hrs.
- Remove the bay leaf and bouquet garni.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley