Mixed Bean Pate
|1kg Onions (Brown)(s)||
|1 Garlic (Loose Bulb)(s)||
|1 Lemons (s)||
|Salt (to taste)|
This is really quick starter to prepare if canned beans are used. Choose a wide variety of beans for colour and flavour.
400g/14oz can mixed beans, drained.
2 tbsp olive oil.
juice of 1 lemon.
2 garlic cloves, crushed.
1 tbsp chopped coriander (cilantro).
2 spring onions (scallions) chopped, salt and pepper.
shreded spring onions (scallions), to garnish.
- Rinse the beans thoroughly under cold running water and drain well.
- Transfer the beans to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, coriander(cilantro) and spring onions (scallions) and blend until fairly smooth. season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the pate to a serving bowl and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 mins.
- Garnish with shredded spring onions (scallions) and serve.