Moroccan Chicken with Lemon and Olive
|1 Spanish Onion.(s)||
|1 Garlic (Loose Bulb)(s)||
|1 Flat Leaf Parsley (Bunch)(s)||
|1 Lemons (s)||
|Ground Black Pepper|
- 2 teaspoons paprika.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin.
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric.
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- 1 chicken, 3-4 lbs, cut into 8 pieces (or 3-4 lbs of just chicken thighs and legs, the dark meat is more flavorful).
- 3 cloves garlic, minced.
- 1 onion, chopped.
- The rind from 1 preserved lemon, rinsed in cold water, pulp discarded, rind cut into thin strips (if you don't have preserved lemon, use whole thin slices of regular lemon).
- 1 cup green olives, pitted.
- 1/2 cup water.
- 1/2 cup raisins.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley.
1 Combine all the spices in a large bowl. Pat dry the chicken pieces and put in the bowl, coat well with the spice mixture. Let the chicken stand for one hour in the spices.
If you use a tagine, you will likely need to soak it in water over-night before subjecting it to the heat of the stove. Doing so will help keep the tagine from cracking.