|1kg Baby Potatoes (Washed)(s)||
|1kg Golden Beetroot (Bunched)(s)||
|1 Cucumber (s)||
|1 Dill (60G Pack)(s)||
|1kg Red Onions.(s)||
|1 Garlic (Loose Bulb)(s)||
|Red Wine Vinegar|
|Salt and Pepper (to taste)|
The beetroot (beet) adds a rich colour to this dish, tinting the potato an appealing pink. Mix with cucumber it is a really vibrant salad.
500g/ 1lb/ 2oz waxy potatoes, diced
4 small cooked beetroot (beets), sliced
1/2 small cucumber, thinly sliced
2 large dill pickles, sliced
1 red onion, halved and sliced
dill sprigs, to garnish
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tbsp olive oli
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
salt and paper
- Cook the dice potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 15 mins, or until just tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Mix the potato and beetroot (beets) together in a bowl and set aside.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the garlic, olive oil, vinegar and dill, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Line a large serving platter with the slices of cucumber, dill pickles and red onion. Spoon the potato and beetroot (beet) mixture into the centre of the platter.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately, garnished with fresh dill sprigs