Mushroom and Tarragon Stroganoff
|1kg White Italian Onions(s)||
|1 Garlic (Loose Bulb)(s)||
|1kg Yellowfoot Chantrelle(s)||
|1 Tarragon (60G Pack)(s)||
- 1 large onion, quartered and sliced.
- 1 garlic clove, chopped.
- oil for frying.
- 600g mixed wild mushrooms, halved, or quartered if large.
- small bunch tarragon, leaves chopped.
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche.
- brioche toast, to serve.
- Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil until tender, then remove from pan and set aside. add the mushrooms and a knob of butter to the pan. turn the heat up and fry until all the liquid has come out of the mushrooms and they have started to brown at the edges.
- Return the onion mix to the pan along with a slug of sherry and bubble together until the sherry has almost evaporated. Stir in the tarragon and the crème fraîche. Serve with brioche toast.