Nut Roast with Roasted Mixed Vegetables
|1kg Red Onions.(s)||
|1 Garlic (Loose Bulb)(s)||
|1 Lemons (s)||
|1 Globe Artichoke (s)||
|1 Sage (60G Pack)(s)||
|1kg Sweet Potatoes. (s)||
|Mixed White Nuts|
- 4 tbsp olive oil.
- 1 small onion, chopped.
- 100g mixed white nuts, such as pine nuts, almonds, macadamia and brazil, ground in a processor
- 1 garlic clove, crushed.
- Grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon.
- 50g fresh white or brown breadcrumbs.
- 400g artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed well and roughly chopped.
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage, plus 4 extra leaves.
- 1 egg white.
- 800g sweet potatoes, cut into chunks.
- 3 leeks, cut into chunks and washed.
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ fan180°C/gas 6. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan and gently fry the onion for 5-6 minutes, stirring, until softened but not browned. Add the nuts, garlic, lemon zest and juice, breadcrumbs and artichokes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and add the sage and egg white. Stir to mix well.
- Tip the mixture into the centre of a large sheet of baking paper and shape into a fat sausage, packing tightly. Scatter over 4 sage leaves, then wrap it tightly in the paper and put into a roasting tin. Put the prepared vegetables around the parcel and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then unwrap the paper on the nut roast, so it can brown in the oven. Turn the vegetables and cook for a further 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.