|1 Flat Leaf Parsley (Bunch)(s)||
|1 Round Shallots 250g Bag(s)||
- 300g sausage meat.
- 200g shortcrust pastry.
- 200g puff pastry.
- 150g minced beef.
- 150g cooked ham, chopped.
- 6 eggs, hard boiled.
- 1 beaten egg yolk, to brush the pie with.
- 3 shallots.
- flat leaf parsley.
- small glass white wine.
- sea salt.
- freshly ground pepper
- Chop the ham, parsley, shallots and preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a blender combine the sausage meat, minced beef, ham, parsley, shallots, salt, pepper and white wine and mix well. Roll out the shortcrust pastry into a rectangular shape and place on a greased baking sheet. Spread over the meat mixture and shape it very firmly into a thick rectangle. Sink the hard-boiled eggs approximately one inch below the surface of the meat mixture in a continuous line back to back.
- Roll out the puff pastry to top the mixture and cover the meat and eggs, sealing the two pastries with your fingers dampened with some water and a little flour if necessary.
- Make some decorations in the pie by gently scoring the surface or using some extra pastry to cut out some decoration and apply to the top with some water. Brush the pie with the beaten egg yolk.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes then serve.