|1kg Onions (Brown)(s)||
|1kg Plum Vine Tomato (s)||
|1 Lemons (s)||
|1 Limes (s)||
|1 Bay Leaf (60G Pack)(s)||
|1 Flat Leaf Parsley (Bunch)(s)||
|1 Pineapples.Extra Large(s)||
|1 Garlic (Loose Bulb)(s)||
|Bonnie Pepper or Hot Chilli Sauce|
6 chicken pieces.
juice of a lime or 1/2 a lemon.
salt and pepper.
1/4 tsp ground cloves.
2 tbsp margarine.
2 onions sliced.
2 gloves garlic crushed.
3 tomatoes peeled and chopped.
3 tbsp raisins.
1 bay leaf.
1 bonnie pepper seeded and chopped or 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce.
1 cup (1/2 pt) chicken stock.
1 small pineapple or a tin of pineapple chuncks.
3 tbsp rum.
1/2 tsp cornflour.
parsley to garnish.
- Rub the chicken pieces with the lime or lemon juice, salt, pepper and ground cloves, then fry them in the margarine until lightly browned and set aside.
- Using the same pan, fry the onion and garlic until the onion is soft, then add the tomatoes, raisins, bay leaf and bonnie pepper or hot pepper sauce, and simmer for 5 mins.
- Add the chicken pieces and the stock stir lightly and simmer for 20 mins. until the chicken is tender.
- To make the pineapple mixture to accompany the chicken, firts prepare the pineapple by peeling and coring it, then chop it roughly and put it and its juice aside in a saucepan.
- Take 1/2 cup (1/4pt) of the liquid of the chicken is cooking in and add to the saucepan with the chopped pineapple. Bring it to the boil and cook uncovered, stirring ocassionally, until the liquid reduces to about half then add the rum.
- Thicken if necessary with a little cornflour. Pour the mixture over the chicken, stir lightly and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in a serving dish, pour the pineapple over the chicken and garnish with a sprig of parsley.