|1 Pineapples.Extra Large(s)||
|Salt (to taste)|
9'' pie shell unbaked, and pastry to cover, using 2 1/2 cups (10oz) flour.
1 large pineapple chopped.
1 cup (8oz) sugar.
1/4 cup (1oz) flour.
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg.
pinch of cinnamon.
pinch of salt.
3 tbsp (1 1/2 oz) butter.
- Prick the base of the unbaked pie shell thoroughly and bake for 10 mins. at 200C/gas 6, allow to cool.
- Mix the pineapple, sugar, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt and stir over a low heat until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and if necessary add a little water to achieve a soft creamy consistency around the pineapple, allow to cool.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell and cover with a lid of thin pastry. Seal the two together around the edges with a little water and press them together with a fork.
- Make 3 slits in the top to allow the steam to escape and decorate with pineapple shapes cut from the remaining pastry.
- Bake at 220C/gas 7 for 10 mins. then reduce the temperature to 160C/gas 3 for 30 mins. until the crust is lightly browned.