|1kg Baby Potatoes (Washed)(s)||
|1kg Red Long Peppers(s)||
|1kg Onions (Brown)(s)||
|1 Flat Leaf Parsley (Bunch)(s)||
|1kg Cherry Vine Tomatoes. (s)||
Fritatta/Tortilla the classic Spanish dish is often served as part of a tapas (appetiser) selection. A variety of cooked vegetables can be added to this recipe.
675g Boiling potatoes (waxy)
1red/yellow/orange pepper. Deseeded and thinly sliced
1 onion halved and thinly sliced
1 tin of sweetcorn (optional) drained
Handful of chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper
Handful of Cheddar/Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs together with the parsley, season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Boil the potatoes for 5mins until nearly they have a little resistance when prodded, then add the peppers and simmer for 3 mins. Drain well, cover and keep to one side.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the olive oil and swirl it around. When it is hot reduce the heat to medium and saute the onions for 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the potatoes, peppers and sweetcorn and fry for about 4 mins. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the egg mixture to the potatoes, spreading it all over the vegetables evenly. Place back on a medium heat and cook for 3-4 mins. or until the edges are starting to set.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the grill to the hottest heat and place the tortilla/fritatta under, grill for 2 mins. or until the centre is set.
- Remove from heat and leave to set for 2 mins. then slide onto a plate.
- Serve hot with a chopped tomato and onion salad. Or, leave to eat cold later with a pint of beer.