Roast Vegetable and Houmous Pie
|1kg White Italian Onions(s)||
|2kg Loose Broccoli(s)||
|1 Red Pepper(s)||
|1 Yellow Pepper(s)||
|1 Lemons (s)||
|1 Coriander (Bunch)(s)||
|1kg Sweet Potatoes. (s)||
- 1 onion, cut into wedges.
- 50g small broccoli florets.
- 1 each red and yellow peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks.
- 2 courgettes, thickly sliced.
- 2 tsp cumin seeds.
- 1 tbsp olive oil.
- 200g reduced-fat houmous.
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon.
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander.
- 375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry.
- 2 small sweet potatoes, thinly sliced.
- 1 egg yolk mixed with 1 tbsp milk, for glazing.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Mix the onion, broccoli, peppers and courgettes in a roasting tin, tossing well with the cumin seeds and the oil. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove and mix in the houmous, lemon zest and coriander. Turn the oven down to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Cut the pastry in half to make 2 rectangles. Transfer 1 piece to a lined baking sheet and arrange the sweet potato slices in slightly overlapping layers to cover the pastry, leaving a 2cm border. Pile the roasted veg on top of the potatoes and brush the border with the egg glaze.
- Roll the remaining pastry out a little thinner. Drape over the filling, press the pastry edges together to seal and trim away any excess pastry. Egg wash the top and cut 3 diagonal slits in the pastry.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown and puffed up. Serve with a dressed mixed salad.