|1kg Button Mushroom(s)||
|1 Garlic (Loose Bulb)(s)||
|1 Lemons (s)||
|1 Thyme (60G Pack)(s)||
|Salt and black pepper|
Like many vegetables, mushrooms take on a succulent quality when roasted in the oven with a little olive oil and some fresh thyme. A splash of lemon juice at the end brightens them up. Serve these as a side or piled onto garlic-rubbed toast as a starter or a snack.
2 pounds button or your favourite mushrooms (907g).
1 tablespoon olive oil.
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves.
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice.
prep: 10 minutes
total: 25 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 260 degrees and put the rack in the lowest position.
- Prep the mushrooms: Wipe away any soil or dark spots with a damp paper towel. Remove and toss the stems, then cut the mushrooms in half.
- In a large bowl, toss the mushrooms with the olive oil and thyme, then sprinkle them lightly with salt and pepper. On a baking sheet, spread them in a single layer, leaving space between them.
- Roast mushrooms on the bottom rack, turning them once or twice by shaking the pan or stirring with a spatula, until the mushrooms are tender and brown in spots, about 12-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and more salt and pepper to taste.