|1kg Baby Potatoes (Washed)(s)||
|1 Spanish Onion.(s)||
|1kg Carrots (White Heritage)(s)||
|1kg Beans French (Loose) (s)||
|1 Garlic (Loose Bulb)(s)||
|1 Red Pepper(s)||
|1 Basil (60G Pack)(s)||
|Salt (to taste)|
This soup is based on one served to me during one of my trips to province and it was lovely.
115g/ (4oz) dried haricot beans
2 tbsp olive oil
2 medium onions, finely chopped
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
2 large potato, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 litre (1 3/4 pints) chicken stock
2 tbsp tomato puree
salt and freshly milled pepper
115g/ (4oz) french or runner beans, thinly sliced
handful of fresh basil leaves
freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Pour sufficient boiling water over the haricot beans to cover them completely and leave to soak overnight.
- The next day, preheat the slow cooker on high. Drain the haricot beans.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onions, carrots and potato and cook, stirring ocassionaly, until softened but not browned.
- Add the garlic, drained beans, stock, tomato puree, and a little seasoning. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5 mins.
- Transfer to the slow cooker and stir in the French beans.
- Put the lid on and cook on low for 8-10 hrs.
- Just before serving, add seasoning to taste. Roughly tear the basil leaves and stir in.
- Served sprinkle with parmesan cheese.