Sweet Pepper Salad
|1kg Sweet Piccolo Peppers(s)||
|1 Mixed Pepper Pack Tri-colour(s)||
|1 Garlic (Loose Bulb)(s)||
|1 Lemons (s)||
|1 Flat Leaf Parsley (Bunch)(s)||
|Salt and Ground Black Pepper|
1 large red pepper.
1 large green sweet pepper.
1 large yellow sweet pepper.
18 stoned black olives.
3 tbsp olive oil.
1 large lemon juice.
3 garlic cloves, crushed.
3 tbsp fine chopped flat-leaf parsley.
salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Preheat a hot grill. Halve the peppers and remove their seeds and pith. Grill the pepper halves-skin side upwards until the skin is black and blistering.
- Allow to cool a little, and then skin them. Cut the flesh into strips and mix in a salad bowl. Finely chop half the olives and halve the others.
- Make the dressing by mixing the oil, lemon juice, chopped olives, garlic and half the parsley. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Dribble the dressing over the peppers and toss well. Sprinkle the salad with the remaining parsley and dot with the olive halves to serve.
- For a very filling main-course salad, add about 140g/5oz lean bacon which has been cut into strips and dry-fried until crisp.