|1 Garlic (Loose Bulb)(s)||
|1 Continental Endive Lettuce (s)||
|1 Chives (60G Pack)(s)||
|1kg Beans French (Loose) (s)||
|Mixed olive cabiatta|
|Jack Daniel's TennesseeWhisky|
A long drink made from a shot of Jack Daniel's Tennessee whisky, your favourite mixer and ice goes perfectly with this recipe.
300g british beef sirloin steak or hereford beef sirloin steak.
1 clove garlic, crushed.
2 tbsp jack daniel's tennessee whisky.
50g cave aged roquefort AOP.
3 tbsp half fat soured cream.
100g waitrose trimmed fine green beans.
4 thick slices mixed olive caibotta.
1 tbsp olive oil.
1 sweet dolce verde romaine or endive lettuce, roughly torn.
2 tbsp snipped chives.
- Place the steak in a shallow dish and rub in the crushed garlic. Pour over the jack daniel's wisky and leave to marinate for 15 mins.
- Roughly mash the roquefort then stir in the soured cream, place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Cook the beans in a pan of boiling water, then drain and cool.
- Lightly brush the bread with oil. Lift the steak of the marinade, shaking off any excess. Cook the bread and steak over hot coals or in a griddle pan for 2-3 mins on each side. until both are nicely browned and the steak is still a little pink in the centre.
- Place the lettuce and green beans in a large serving bowl. Tear the toasted bread into pieces and add to the bowl. Slice or cube the steak and add to the salad. Spoon the blue cheese dressing sprinkle with chives and serve.