Thai Fish Sticks with Cucumber Salad
|1 Coriander (Bunch)(s)||
|1 Lemon Grass (Bunches)(s)||
|4 Spring Onions(s)||
|1 Limes (s)||
|1 Cucumber (s)||
|1 Shallots (Pea Shallots) 250g bag(s)||
|1kg Thai Chilli (Loose)(s)||
|White Wine Vinegar|
- 4 spring onions, chopped.
- handful of fresh coriander.
- 450g cod loin, cubed.
- 3tbsp red curry paste.
- 2tsp lime juice.
- 12 stalks of lemongrass.
- For the salad
- ½ cucumber, peeled and very thinly sliced.
- 4tbsp white wine vinegar.
- 4tbsp white sugar.
- 1 thai chilli, deseeded and finely chopped.
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced.
- To make the salad, combine the cucumber, vinegar, sugar, chilli and shallot with 4tbsp of cold water. Cover and refrigerate till needed.
- To make the fish sticks, blend the spring onions and coriander in a food processor. Add the fish, curry paste, lime juice and blend until the fish is finely chopped. Add the egg white and blend until the mixture is stiff.
- Divide the mixture into 12 portions and then carefully press each around a lemon grass stick, forming a sausage shape.
- Pre heat the grill to high, place the fish sticks on a lightly oiled baking tray and grill for 6 to 7 minutes turning once, until cooked and lightly browned on all sides.