Tomato Soup French Style
|1kg White Italian Onions(s)||
|1kg Plum Vine Tomato (s)||
|1 Garlic (Loose Bulb)(s)||
|1 Rosemary (60G Pack)(s)||
|1 Spinach Baby Leaf (Pre-Packed)(s)||
|1 Bay Leaf (60G Pack)(s)||
|Salt and Pepper|
Serve with a rustic French loaf or with thick slices of garlic bread.
4 streaky bacon rashers, finely chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped 675g/ (1 1/2lb) tomatoes, skins and seeds removed, roughly chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
850ml (1 1/2pints) boiling beef stock (made with just half a stock cube)
3 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp dried rosemary
salt and freshly milled black pepper
- In a non-stick frying pan, cook the bacon, stirring ocassionally, until the fat begins to run.
- Add the onion and cook gently, stirring ocassionally until softened and just beginning to turn golden brown. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Put the lid on and cook on LOW for 4-8 hrs.
- Remove the bay leaf and adjust seasoning to taste before serving.