Vegetable and Butter Bean Crumble
|1kg Loose Broccoli(s)||
|1 Green Romanesco Cauliflower (s)||
|1kg Carrots (White Heritage)(s)||
|1kg Plum Vine Mini Tomatoes(s)||
- 75g butter, chilled and diced.
- 175g plain flour.
- 50g Cheddar (or vegetarian alternative), grated.
- 2 x 250g vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots).
- 500g tomato and herb sauce.
- 420g can butter beans in water, drained and rinsed.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6.
- Rub the butter into the plain flour until crumbs form. Stir in the grated Cheddar, season and set aside.
- Remove the carrots from the packs of prepared vegetables, roughly chop and boil for 2 minutes. Add the broccoli and cauliflower and cook for another minute, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the tomato and herb sauce in a large saucepan until bubbling. Stir in the drained butter beans and blanched vegetables. Tip into a 1.75-litre ovenproof dish and scatter over the crumble.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden and bubbling. Serve with a winter leaf salad, if you like.