Vegetable Fritters with Poached Eggs
|1kg Chantaney Carrots (s)||
|1kg Pickling Onions(s)||
|1 Flat Leaf Parsley (Bunch)(s)||
|1 new season potatoes 7.5kg sack(s)||
- 3 carrots, grated.
- 200g (about 2) maris piper potatoes, grated and squeezed really dry.
- Bunch of spring onions, finely sliced.
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley.
- 200g vegetarian feta, crumbled.
- 3 tbsp plain flour.
- 6 large, very fresh free-range eggs.
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying.
- Mix the carrot, potato, onion, parsley and feta in a bowl. Add the flour and season well. Separate 2 of the eggs, then stir the egg yolks into the veg mixture. Put the 2 egg whites in a clean bowl and whisk to soft peaks, then fold into the mixture.
- Heat 0.5cm oil in a sauté pan. Add heaped spoonfuls of the mixture to the oil, in batches, cooking for 3 minutes each side until golden brown – you should make about 12 in all. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, bring a wide pan of water to the boil and soft-poach the remaining eggs for 3-4 minutes each.
- Place 3 fritters on each plate and top each with a poached egg to serve.