Vegetable Kebabs (Kebabs)
|1kg Estima potatoes(s)||
|1 Spanish Onion.(s)||
|1 Purple Cauliflower (s)||
|1kg Thai Chilli (Loose)(s)||
|1 Coriander (Bunch)(s)||
|1 Garlic String(s)||
|1 Chives (60G Pack)(s)||
|1kg Pea Pods. English(s)||
|1kg Carrots (White Heritage)(s)||
These kebabs (kabobs), made from a spicy vegetable mixture, are delightfully easy to make and taste delicious.
2 large potatoes sliced
1 medium onions sliced
1/2 cualiflower cut into small florets
50g 1 3/4oz/ scant1/2 cup peas
1 tbsp spinach puree (paste)
2-3 green chillies
fresh coriander(cilantro) leaves
1 tsp finely chopped root ginger
1 tsp curshed garlic
1 tsp ground coriander
1 pinch turmeric
1 tsp salt
60g/ 1 3/4oz /1 cup breadcrumbs
300ml/ 1/2 pint/ 1 1/4cups vegetable oil
fresh chilli strips, to garnish
- Place the potato, onion and cauliflower florets in a pan of water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are cooked . Remove from the pan and drain then set aside.
- Add the peas and spinach to the vegetables and mix, mashing down thoroughly with a fork.
- Finely chop the green chillies and fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves.
- Mix the chillies and coriander (cilantro) with the ginger, garlic, ground coriander, turmeric and salt.
- Blend the spice mixture into the vegetables, mixing with a fork to make a paste.
- Scatter the breadcrumbs onto a large plate.
- Break-off 10-12 small balls from the spice paste. Flatten them with the palm to make it flat and round.
- Dip each kebab(kabob) in the breadcrumbs, coating well.
- Heat the oil and shallow fry the kabobs in batches, until golden brown, turning ocassionally. Transfer to serving plates and garnish with fresh chilli strips the serve hot.