Courgette Tortilla With A Herb Salsa
|1kg Purple Sweet Potato(s)||
|1kg Spanish Onion.(s)||
|1 Courgettes (s)||
|1 Garlic (Net). Approx 8. Bulbs(s)||
|1 Flat Leaf Parsley (Bunch)(s)||
|1kg Plum Vine Tomato (s)||
|1 Chives 50g Pack)(s)||
2 large potatoes, diced small.
2 tbsp olive oil.
2 onions, finely chopped.
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped.
3 large courgettes, thinly sliced.
8 eggs, beaten.
2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley.
salt and freshly ground black pepper.
FOR THE HERB SALSA:
5 tbsp olive oil.
1 tbsp red wine vinegar.
1 tsp grainy mustard.
5 tbsp chopped plum tomatoes.
pinch of chilli powder.
2 tbsp each chopped chives and flat-leaf parsley.
- In a large pan of boiling salted water, blanch the potato dice for 2 or 3 mins. Refresh under cold running water, drain well and pat dry.
- In a 25.5 cm/10in frying pan or omelette pan, preferably with a lid. Melt the butter with the oil over a moderate heat.
- Saute the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent and soft. Add the courgettes and potatoes and suate for a few mins. more, taking care that the onion and garlic do not get too brown.
- Season the eggs and stir in most of the parsley. Stir into the pan, cover and cook over a gently heat for about 10 mins. until the eggs are just set.
- Meanwhile, preheat a hot grill. Finish the omelette off under it until the top is well browned. While the tortilla is cooking, make the salsa by mixing all the ingredients and seasoning to taste.
- Serve the tortilla warm or cold, sprinkle with the remaining parsley. Serve the salsa separately.